2024 Community Fund
We love giving back to our local community!
Croí Laighean Credit Union is dedicated to supporting and funding initiatives that benefit and support people within our Common Bond. That’s why we created the Community Fund – an initiative designed to help local clubs and organisations to prosper and achieve their goals.
In the last 7 years, we have contributed over €728,000 to the local community, and this year, we are once again providing €50,000 to support local clubs and voluntary organisations in our local community.
How it works
- Only local groups, clubs, and organisations within our Common Bond can apply. The Community Find is not open to individuals or businesses.
- To avail of the Community Fund, clubs & organisations must hold an active account with Croí Laighean Credit Union and be located within our Common Bond area. Click here if you wish to open an account.
- Please ensure your club/organisation account details are up-to-date. ID and proof of address documents must be up-to-date to be considered for funding.
- If the account is dormant, it must be reactivated by the 23rd of February to be considered for funding.
- Complete an application form and submit it online or to your local branch. The application form will be available from Tuesday 30 January 2024.
- Entries must be submitted no later than Friday 23 February 2024.
- Late entries will not be considered.
- Our Community Fund Committee will review each application and make a final decision regarding how funds will be allocated.
- Applicants will be notified of the outcome starting the week commencing Monday 4 March 2024.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Our club/organisation does not have an account with Croí Laighean, can we still apply?
Yes – but you will need to open an account. To open an account, please apply by clicking here. Once your account is set up and active, you can then use the details to apply for the 2024 Community Fund.
- Our club’s account is dormant, are we eligible to apply?
The account will need to be reactivated before you can apply for the Community Fund. To reactivate your account, please contact email@example.com
- Can we request a deadline extension?
No extensions will be granted. This is to ensure fairness to all entrants and facilitate timely communication of outcomes for all applicants.
- How do I know if our club/organisation is within the Common Bond?
You can check if your club/organisation is in our Common Bond area by clicking here.
- How much can we apply for?
The maximum sum available is €1,000 and the fund is dispersed to ensure we help as many clubs and groups as possible.